1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Bilstein shocks and coil overs 94-04 mustang rear

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by Wallace, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Wallace

Is anyone running the Bilsteins in the rear and using the bilstein coil over perch and hat they sell? I know that you have to groove the shock body to accept the lower perch. I'm looking into these because you can have them valved to your specifications. Anyone with experience spec'ing custom valved shocks plese chime in. I have an application that has zero support for it now and these I think could be made to work. Looking specifically at the 94-04 rear mustang shocks. The MM coil over kit is a little over my budget and I'm not sure it would work for my application. Summit lists the Bilstein lower and upper perch for $39 for the 36mm shock body diameter and they have varying lengths on the perch to accomodate your spring length selection. Any information or advice about using this stuff would be great. I called Bilstein and left a message with their CA tech dept and they haven't called me back yet. I'll share what they tell me if there is any interest. Thanks.