1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Best tuner for 2006 Mustang

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by Old-N-Broke, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Old-N-Broke

Hello!

I'm making some major changes on my 2006 Mustang and would like to be able to tune as I go myself.

My question is which tuning software is easiest to use without being too limiting?

I was thinking HP tuning. There seemed to to be quite a lot of training resources, but I was reading that their ford support was not up to par with their gm stuff. Now I'm leaning toward SCT.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. TTF/Ken Staff Member

Right now SCT has the most support but HP has made some incredible strides in the Ford market the past year. HP is gonna run less money, especially if you plan to do more than one car. SCT's hardware is better. HP has better tuning forums for their software. HP Tuner's data logging looks nicer, SCT's is more thorough.