1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Bigstuff 3 question

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by SLOW5L, Nov 17, 2010.

1. SLOW5L

I was wondering what the difference is in using the bigstuff with a crank trigger and TFI is? The reason is I just bought the one with internal datalog and was asked if I'm using a crack trigger or Tfi and told them crank trigger. Now am going to use TFI, so I'm wondering if my system will still work? Thanks !

2. ONEFASTMF

dont think it will work, you will have to send it to big stuff to have them change the program, i think :D

3. Tgbstang90

Umm I think your good as is without having to send it back. The BS3 has seperate plugs, 1 for crank trigger or another for the TFI. As long as your using one or the other so that the ecm can get a signal to fire then your good. I have been told that using the crank trigger is much more accurate and have seen it knock off .2 off a 1/4 mile ET.

Now there may be something in the software that may need to be changed like selecting crank trigger vs TFI distributor, which can be done by calling them and possibly doing via email.

4. mtpturbo

I would suggest using the crank trigger..

That said, you may have to send the ECU back to the dealer to change it to TFI unless they're willing to give you the dealer config password to get into the ignition config screen.