1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Mounting turbo to bracket

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by sam51, Aug 22, 2018.

1. sam51

Is it ok to mount the turbo to a bracket via the compressor housing bolts? I was thinking about using 2 of the bolts to mount the turbo to the bracket I had to make, but I'm not sure what the best way to attach to turbo to it would be.

2. Traction Issuez

I used rubber exhaust hangers from the frame to the manifold. Just welded some 3/8" round bar to the manifold and made a bracket that with some 3/8 round bar bolted to the frame and put double rubber exhaust hangers between the bars to support the weight.

3. sam51

you wouldn't happen to have any pics of your setup would you?

4. Mnlx

Guys have mounted a turbo by the compressor bolts. Iirc you're using a gt45 which is quite heavy so some support on the up pipe flange would be good so it's not all hanging on the compressor bolts.

5. tbird

Ive heard of peeps killing turbos doing this. Under heavy load it can distort the housing and kill the wheel.
    That why most mount to the turbine housing flange or the center section.

6. 91turboterror

Just support it off the flange to an accessory bracket or head .