1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

b headed 4v turbo fox build...advice needed

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by BobSnake, Jun 19, 2010.

1. BobSnake

My turbo 03 cobra has impressed my friend so he is selling his 302 stuff and picked up a 97 lincoln mark8 motor, computer, harness, and transmission. He's gonna run the lincoln heads (maybe lightly ported/valve job/stock valves and springs-maybe shimmed for a little extra seat pressure), a 96-98 cobra intake, 96-98 cams if we can find a set, second choice is 99-01, looking for used forged pistons and rods (03 cobra or similar- on a budget). either a single or dual walbro 255 pump(S), 60lb injectors, stock rails and lines, master power t70, stock auto for now, stock 8.8 with 3.27 gears. Because of the mark 8 computer it will be tuned on a chip. Not looking to get crazy yet, but probably gonna run 12-15psi range shooting for 500-550rwhp on pump gas. We should be able to get the car down to 3000lbs with driver Open 3" downpipe, stock manifolds, 03 cobra 90mm maf (need a mafia?) blow through setup. Got some questions though...
    will the mark 8 throttle body fit the cobra intake
    how much of a restriction is the mark 8 intake
    How much will the lincoln cast crank support
    Will a single walbro and 39lb cobra injectors support the 500rwhp goal
    stock ignition with frpp wires and br7ef plugs be sufficient
    How much will a stock 03 cobra maf support before needing a mafia
    With footbrake only how much will the transmission take?
    Know of any of the parts we need? (used pistons/rods (forged), 96-01 cams, intake (UNLESS MARK8 IS SUFFICIENT)
    IMRC deletes...are the lincoln plates the same as the cobras? PLASTIC OR STEEL/

Looking for mid 10's off the foot brake, good drivability (at least reasonable), fun to drive, fast spooling...on a budget. Let me know. thanks!

2. 99TTGT

Bob:
    for a 500 to 550whp goal
    1- yes the Tb will work
    2- the intake will work good from low range to mid range specially with an auto
    3- the crank will supports 750whp<never seen one break>
    4- you may need dual walbros just to be safe, every car is different you you will have to strap it to the Dyno & see what she likes
    for a 500rwhp goal the OEM ignition should work but you will have to strap it to a dyno & see what she likes
    5- The 03/04 maf should support 450 to 500rwhp but is different that the 96/98 one it has 2 extra wires
    6- the OEM transmission will not hold long for that application
    7- pm me I have a few parts laying around
    8- you can mod the plates , easy to do. If not I can do them for you............ :2thumbs:
    9 LOW 10's should not be a issue with the right tire combination................. :cheers:

3. foxmodgt

use a 96 cobra up crank. forged kelloge cant brake it! and there only 3-400 used