1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Big Stuff 3 ???

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Tgbstang90, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Tgbstang90

1) Is there a way I can make the car idle lower in the BG3 software? I have the idle screw all the way out and still idles about 1100.

2) I have the DAI, does mine have the replay option? (where I can long for a longer period of time vs just a 25 second recording) if so how is this done.

3) Im new to all this, trying to tune it from scratch and have made decent progress so far. Starting with idle AFR and easing into the throttle. It doesnt lean out on tip in that bad. But do I need my setup in Closed loop/Open Loop? If closed then when should I have it activating? Right now it is in CL and activates at 3500.

Any other helpful hints would also be appreciated.

2. Tgbstang90

I found the answer to the Replay question. They label it as the replay option and the Extended replay option. Under the replay drop down >Replay Configuration>Sample Rate. If mine has the option of extended replay then I will have 4 options to select from. 20ms,40ms,60ms,80ms. I will check this after I get off work.

3. TurboNova

You need to look at what your throttle follower settings are set too. Assuming you have a IAC valve. Timing also effects your idle speed. Third you need to look at the commanded target idle speed and see what you are asking it to idle at.

Closed loop depends on what type of car and how much cam ect.. Most of my customer cars will go into closed loop at a lower RPM like between 1200-1500 rpms.

4. Tgbstang90

Thanks Nova. Ill use that info towards getting the idle smoothed out.
    Last night I figured out the closed loop situation, I didnt have any correction down at the lower RPMs. So thats working now.

Next my only question is about the data logging. I want to drive this car around and log for 5-30 minutes if possible. Is that possible on the BS3? I have the DAI box.

5. TurboNova

You can't log that long with BS3

6. Tgbstang90

Well crap that stinks. Part of me regrets buying the BS3 and the AMS 1000 as I could have got the Fast XFI with built in boost controller and had alot more features that come with the system for instance data logging for 30 minutes being one of them and the 2 step with boost creep.

But Im gonna stick with it and make it work. Does the BS3 have a 2 step feature or does that have to be purchased extra?

7. TurboNova

It a 2 step but you will have to purchase the upgrade if you didn't already.

8. D. Miles

Didn't happen to take a look at the Holley EFI did you? I've done a few cars with them and absolutely love them! Comes loaded with everything, boost controller, 3 rev limiters and 4 gigs of datalogging space... Costs less than the "other" systems.

9. Tgbstang90

Im sticking with my BS3. Although I can't data log for minutes at a time, the refresh rate is bar none probably the best. Im learning more and more about this piece every minute. I have just about all the small bugs worked out and car is cruising pretty good at the moment.