1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Big stuff 3 tuning help

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by danh9250, Jun 2, 2014.

1. danh9250

I need a little help with my big stuff. I am running closed loop and car runs rich from 5000-6000 rpm range in second and third. My data log shows 9.9-9.3 a/f. Do you have to put negative numbers in negative o2 correction table? I started with 8.4 across the board and still rich. Changed to -8.4 still rich. Then went to 20.4 only in the boost range i was running 16psi pull in third and was really rich 9.1 a/f car was cutting out. Should I go with a bigger negative number? Will i have to change anything in the dmap correction table? any help would be great thanks

2. Matt Cramer

Try pulling the fuel from the fuel table (not sure what that's called in BS3; it may be the VE table or pulse width table) instead of the O2 correction.

3. Enginerd

There is a "negative O2 correction" table and a "positive O2 correction" table. You put negative numbers in the cells in the negative table, positive numbers in the positive table. The max number it will accept in either table is -15.6 and +14.8 respectively.

4. TurboNova

BS3 can accept + 25% and -25% for O2 correction.

5. danh9250

Another question. Should I change the A/F ratio gradually with boost? So it gets richer as load goes up? Or do I stay low to mid-11s from the start of boost.

6. TurboNova

a 4 valve with aftermarket pulleys in a OEM engine will have 11.2-10.8 at 18psi. It will taper down to the WOT 100kpa row at 12.5-13 leaner at cruise and light throttle.
    Don't change your target much until you get the VE table to a low correction. The Target AF table will change the pulse width of the injector in open and closed loop. Clean up the VE as long as you have a safe target table, if you don't then set the table before you even start tuning. Once the VE table is tuned you can change the target table and have the same correction in the tune without re tuning it.