1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Just a question

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by gambler, May 20, 2010.

1. gambler

What is the best fuel to run with a F2 procharger?

2. 68mustang

your power adder doesnt determine the fuel to run, your compression, ignition timing, boost levels do that. you're always better off to run the best fuel you can afford,

3. gambler

Ok, I was told C16, but I don't know why. I'm use to nitrous and 113 octane. I still have some in a drum,I will run it!

4. 68mustang

like i said, depending on your compression, boost level, timing, etc you maight HAVE to run c16. the fact that your running a power adder doesnt require c16.

what compression do you run? boost level? so more info could help out a lot

5. gambler

Well, I've got 9:5 compression. Dart Pro 1 heads, dual bowl C and S carb.I don't really know about the boost level yet. I am looking for 1200 hp. I am having to learn as I go. All that I have left is to have the piping run to my air to water intercooler. And change the gears. Then I will find a chasis dyno. I finally fired it up last week, so I'm getting close.

6. gambler

I also would like to know about the bracket for the procharger flexing. I noticed that it will move slighty. I'm going to go back over all the bolts, but it does move. I'm wondering about adding a brace!

7. littlebluefoxbody

Every combo is different. You could try it and watch the motor. W/B, read the plugs, ect...

As for brackets and braces check out http://jakesperformancefabrication.com/

8. gambler

Thanks, that bracket is kinda what I was thinking!

9. 68mustang

I would prolly start on C16 just to be safe when on the dyno. no need to blow up a new motor, jmo

10. gambler

Hold up there friend! What do you mean blow up? I got toooooo much money in this thing to end it all now.

11. yellowpony

Then put some C16 in it and start slow...C16 is all i run in mine at the track.

Anthony

12. gambler

I just thought the C16 was the only fuel. That's what I've been told and I just don't know no better. But I plan on starting at a low level.

13. Drac0nic

Timing plays a HUGE role in what you need for fueling as well as boost. Quite frankly, if you are thinking of tuning this I would stop where you are, and find someone to tune it for you. Either that or you have a LOT more reading to do. This is not the sort of thing to screw up on, it will cause damage. Q16 makes more power if you're going all out in most cases, but ultimately I would ask your tuner what fuel to use as they are going to set the calibration up for you.

14. gambler

Thats good information. I will get someone with experience. I do believe right now this is over my head. I just don't know where to start as far as timing,boost,fuel pressure. Now if it was pure motor or nitrous I'd be happy. I think I will order a couple of videos from Steve Morris.

15. 68mustang

yes, it really does happen sometimes! just start extra safe

16. littlebluefoxbody

There are many good people and places to work with. I use a shop local to me CDR or at http://www.cdrperformance.biz"]CDR Performance[/URL] The guys over there treat me well and always answer my questions. They have gotten me though some tuning issues way back when.

17. blown385

X 1000 Robert is a good guy !

18. gambler

I will give them a call! I am having the procharger piping run on it at a local shop. When I get it back I should be ready to move to a dyno.

19. blown385

Have you checked around to see what boost your pulley combo is suppose to make on your motor ? Do you have other pulleys ?

20. gambler

Well, when I ordered the system, I told the guy at the Procharger Store what kinda power I was looking at. And he sent me the I guess what he thought I needed. I don't have any more pulley's. I got my cam and pistons from Steve Morris and he said I should be able to produce 20 lbs.