1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

big block, water out header bolt hole?

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by turbofreek, Oct 23, 2010.

1. turbofreek

So i was disassembling my motor for inspection and when flipped it over water came out one of the bolt holes the header would mount to. Is this normal for a big block mopar?

2. turboplymouth

Yup. Another good reason to go aluminum. Aftermarket heads are not like that.

3. turbofreek

thank you, that's good to know

4. moparjoe66

on good reason i used to use studs on my ported out 906s

5. CUUDAK

Stud the holes at each end and that problem is solved. Be careful not to use to long of a stud or bolt for that matter. You could go in to far and break thru the ports.

6. turbofreek

ill run aluminiumm heads I'm not worried about it now. I was just thinking something was broken or a cracked cylinder issue.