1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Big block A body production turbo header. Any interest???

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by BlowThru440, Dec 29, 2015.

1. BlowThru440

Ok guys, heres our chance to step out of the stone age and get on the same playing field as the Chevy and Ford crowd. Ive been talking with a fabrication company that does top-notch work. With enough interest they will produce Big Block A body turbo headers.

Pricing is to be determined as are the materials that will be used. This is up to us. The headers will be built in a 69 dart using shumacher conversion mounts, standard exhaust ports (no raised port heads), 440(rb) manual steering and manual brakes. Most likely they will be a 2inch primary tube but it may be switched to 1 7/8in depending on the demand and what you guys want.

AcedAutoWorx.com is the company and ill put a few pictures of their work up with more available if needed. Lets get some feedback here guys, there are already talks of small block A body turbo headers being produced if these take off.

What would you want to see in these headers? Primary tube size? Stainless? This is our one shot at someone finally putting us on the map and not letting the BrandX racers have all the production while were still cobbling together our own stuff or spending a billion dollars to have a one-off set of headers made.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Im thinking it will take 10-15 people willing to have sets made for this to happen. The shop wants to see interest in this before moving forward with a production set which will determine pricing, material, and primary tube size.

2. Stubz616

Depending on pricing and lead time id be interested in a stainless set

3. BlowThru440

I will put your name down and if we get enough interest ill be contacting you and trying to keep the thread updated. Thanks for your interest.

4. melecio1991

hey I'm down in LB, any chance they can make some for my 2015 ram 5.7?

5. Bill Overs

I'm curious, price is a factor though.

6. HOTMOPR

This sounded interesting..

7. Stubz616

Anything ever come of this?

8. moparborn

Interested in a B.B. truck application(should be usable from an abody application).

9. Voalre4life

Pretty sure OP has dropped off the map, damn shame too, was excited about a production available turbo header setup

10. rdakota340

I would mind seeing a set !

11. BigAl

IMG_0213.JPG #ad
    IMG_0234.JPG #ad
    IMG_0257.JPG #ad
    I plan on trying to do headers for a body cars within the next month or two. Could be built in stainless or mild. I'm currently building a few sets in mild steel for trucks.

HOTMOPR likes this.
  12. rdakota340

They came out great!

13. BigAl

Thanks

14. HOTMOPR

DO IT!

15. Voalre4life

expected pricing ? damn nice headers, I wonder if they will work for my Volare ? lol

16. BigAl

As of now truck headers in mild steel are 600 plus shipping. Stainless would be in the 900- 1k mark because materials are more expensive along with back purging the tubes. Once I start a body headers prices would be similar.

17. Voalre4life

Nice, any chance to get a few pics of them installed in a vehicle ?

18. BigAl

Heres a setup I just built for someone IMG_0346.JPG #ad
    IMG_0351.JPG #ad

19. Voalre4life

thats a dang nice setup bud, albeit you got a lot more room in a truck bay than a f-body bay, still roomy though IMG_3269.JPG #ad

20. moparborn