1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

bht3b with 1.45 ar turbine housing on 350 chevy.

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by jeffaksks, Jun 4, 2013.

1. jeffaksks

I've got a bht3b holset with 20 on the inside of the turbine housing. According to a conversion factor 20cm2= 1.45 ar. Would this turbo even with the small housing be too large for 10-12 Psi.
    the turbo is free from a n14 cummins with a spun rod bearing. I would like to see 5-6 psi by at least 2700 rpm. Help me make my mind up.:confused:

2. jeffaksks

I forgot to and this is on a C10 daily driver with 3.42 gear, th400 trans, 350 with forged flat tops, forged crank, and 76cc heads- 9.00 compression maybe depending on head gasket.

3. M&M Turbochargers

what are the wheel measurements???

4. jeffaksks

I'll measure at work tommarow.

5. jeffaksks

I have'nt removed the turbine housing but the compressor inducer measures 76mm.

6. jeffaksks

The turbine is 92mm.

7. M&M Turbochargers

the compressor should be about right , the turbine may be a little may be on the big side,, a gt45 would work pretty good for you