1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

VS racing 50mm blowoff help

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by dodge turbo, May 4, 2010.

1. dodge turbo

Just installed this on my truck and it will not blowoff at all or even vent....You can hear it cycling back through the turbo....They told me when i bought it, it had a 9lb spring in it and it didnot come with any others

I have it hooked up to the baseplate fitting on carb

2. Lance

-Verify vacuum from the port your using
    -Cycle it by hand to make sure it moves smoothly and doesn't bind.
    If you have a vac. pump you can verify how much vac. opens it, 9psi should take ~18in to open. And the vac pump will leak test it.

3. slow8.0

Good luck!!! What one is it? I had two of the older blue ones. One works fine and the other did the same thing your is doing. I ended up wrecking one of my turbos with it. Thats OK, the guy that stole it from me can figure that out on his own now!!! :booty:

4. slowboat

I have one and the spring in it was so stiff it was a joke. Took it apart and cut down the spring till it would work. Also cleaned it up a little at the same time. Chase the thread holes, file/sand the sharp edges, dump the machining chips out etc. I could not make mine open pushing about as hard as I could on the piston by hand when I 1st got it. Pull it apart and see what's up.

5. Marty Staggs

I think it would be easier to just buy a decent one from a reputable company and never worry about it but hey, thats just me.

:doh:

6. 81shavedtrk

I bought one of their tial knockoff ones. Spring was stiff as hell but when i let off the gas, it will jump about 3psi then blowoff just fine.

7. dodge turbo

yea the spring was super stiff.....took a wastegate spring i had that was about a 7psi wide spring and placed that in there and it seems to be functioning correctly now.

i think for the money its a decent BOV as long as you clean it up and verifiy the spring in it....that goes for the X02 wastegates as well. there are plenty of people making big power relibly with these

8. slowboat

:2thumbs: Good deal. Always a solution. You should see the waste gate spring that came in my tial knock-off gate from VS. Made the blowoff one look wimpy. Actually almost hurt me taking the gate apart.

9. strkdblwncapri

change the spring. mine had a stiff ass spring in it and all i would get was compressor surge, then i ordered the correct tial spring and it has been working perfectly on my car for a year.