1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Best Turbos for a twin turbo built 302

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by GrimpalaTT, Mar 15, 2005.

1. GrimpalaTT

a friend of mine has given me the go ahead to turbo his 87 hatchback, it has a all forged 8:1 motor thats balnced and blue printed, victor jr. heads,Fordracing M6250-x303 cam, trickflow intake plenum 80mm TB and MAF, 42# injectors etc.car made 337RWHP normally aspirated and is backed by a tremec with a dual friction centerforce and 3.55 rear gears and aluminum Driveshaft. at any rate,I know alot of guys will argue over what turbos are best for this setup, personally i would run 2 60-1's but he only wants to spend about 800$ on the turbos, hence i have a set of 54 trim to4b's with a p trim turbine wheel in a .96 A/R exhaust housing that a buddy was gonna use in his LS1 project but he only wanted to run 7 psi so he opted for a t3/t4 54 trim. are these p trim turbines too big for a low compression forged motor that will be running 15PSI. were looking to make around 550- 600 RWHP. secondly which headers are the best ofr an inverted setup to the turbos in teh forn tcorners of the engine compartment.

2. SoL_93GT

Since you already have the turbos, I'd go ahead and use them. They should work fine for that motor. And you're only going to need 10-12 lbs of boost to hit your goal if you're already making almost 350 rwhp. Good luck.

Briane

3. TurboSN95

I agree, those should be fine!

4. GrimpalaTT

````

so it looks like its gettin teh following, twin To4b 54 trim. P trim turbine in a .96 A/R turbine housing, 26x12x4" intercooler core with IC sprayer (gonna use his NOS setup that is still installed), gonna try and install either an E-boost system or a dual zone boost controller for 14-24PSI. ill keep everyone updated, i think im gonna use aset of MAC shorty headers inverted for the exhaust to the turbos.

-Mark

5. twinturboGT

Don't waste your time with an intercooler sprayer. Sell it and save your money for a real block, because that motor you have sounds like a stock block combo, and it isn't going to live for long at all with 14 pounds of boost from a pair of TO4B's.

6. GrimpalaTT

sorry, forgot to mention that part...it started life as a ford racing bare block.