1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

best turbo kit for modulars

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by buddyjr, May 2, 2005.

1. buddyjr

just getting into the mustang thing i have an 2000gt with vortec stock pulley,p-51 intake ,mac longtubes,prochamber,accufab 75mm tb, stedda power pipe, 42's injectors on a stock short blockand heads.im putting down 415rwhp and 400tq.after seeing what these turbo are putting down i want one.im in process of building my short block and have a set of svo heads p&p just wanting to know who has a good turbo kit for the 4.6liters.any help will be helpful thanks Buddy

2. Joe

If you're looking for a kit that will arrive on time, when you need it, the Hellion kits are the only way to go. If you are looking for a time tested, proven kit and don't mind waiting a LONG time (in some cases), HP makes a good kit.

3. turbo crazy

look the best thing for you to do is call each company ask questions and make up your own mind. as far as wait time ask each company varies a bit. hellion will most likely be able to ship their kit first but make sure you take a look at what the kit offers as again each one varies. as fas as my opinion i perfer PTK for quality,fit and customers service before and after the purchase of the kit .HP didnt even give me the time of day to asks questions about their kit .take a look at the company and product feedback forum you will read about personal experience from members.

4. JimVT

I give the :tu: to PTK. The wait might be awhile.....but Dalton is great to deal with. PTK did my set-up for my Outlaw/Mod motor set-up. Fit and finish was excellent.

5. ddv005

Wiiling to wait, get support

if you are willing to wait call Dalton or Greg at Pro Turbo Kits and talk to him. He will guide you throuhg what you need, don't need, and will be there After the sale as well. It has been a few months after i received my kit and i can still call and talk to the them about my kits, upgrades, Heads, intake, cam, etc... Their support is stellar to say the least.

6. white95v6

i can't coment on teh PTK kits. everyone seems to like them.

but i can say that the Hellion kits is freaking awsome. got to the shop in two days. and it fit great. made nice power too.:)

7. buddyjr

well im sorty new to this stuff i wanting to get around 800rwhp so what size do you guys think i will need to run?thanks for all your imput guys it helps alot

8. Snipe656

A T76