1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

new guy

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by akaslick15, Oct 2, 2011.

1. akaslick15

ok im the new guy the name is john from chicago and i had a couple questions ok so check it out i got 94 convert gt pretty much stock except a 2.5 exhaust its a AOD anyways i need some help here guys
    my goal is honestly i want to build a decent street sleeper nothing to fancy im looking for a 400-450 hp range i wanna keep the block stock ...heads intake and other stuff will get upgraded but i just want a decent turbo kit that will hold up i been doing my research on this forum and see alot of guys hating the on3 kit lool but lets not go there im just a newbie.. for the stock block build with a turbo i might be a newbie on this forum but ino my stuff honestly so take it easy on me guys i just need the best info to build a stock block turbo setup the safest way btw my motor has 74k on it and has been taken care of...

but for the price its so tempting to get the on3 kit i really cant afford 3k plus just for a kit
    but i dont wanna f*ck up my money i just want to do it right the first time
    so guys whats a decent kit to buy without the trouble and the high prices im just on a budget just like everybody else

i would appreciate everyones help and im glad i joined this forum thanks guys..

2. M&M Turbochargers

check out the turbo kit feed back section

3. 302f150

If turbocharging was cheap and easy everyone would do it. Check out BG CUSTOM TURBO, they are a site sponsor and are active on here all the time. I've never heard any major complaints about them, and the few I saw, Brian went out of his way to make right. Best customer service I've seen.

There's an old expression that holds true for cars.

Reliable, Fast, Cheap. You can pick any two, but not all three. Do it right the first time

4. akaslick15

so i been doing my research on the on3 and B&G kits it really seems to me that everybody has there own opinions on the two kits . but i talked to a guy that has ran the on3 kit with a stock bottom end for 2 years with no major problems he said the only thing that happened to him was a small leak on the header and fixed it right up other then that he said everything like fitment on the sn95 is straight foward ... honestly this whole turbo thing is got to my head!! lol im gonna do more research on the on3 kit if anybody that has the on3 kit on there 94-95 sn95's please step in i wanna see your feedback on the kit and all the info you can give thanks alot guys for the help to the both of u..

5. 302f150

Lol. "Everyone has there own opinion on the two kits" B&G and on3 are not comparable. One is chinese no name brand parts pieced together and sold. One is handmade parts with name brand components. You seem to have your mind made up.

As far as research, there are at least 100 on3 threads on this forum. Chad(guy who runs on3) lost his membership privileges here. Good luck

6. akaslick15

damn that sucks man but im thinking just to buy a hotside from bg making my own coldside and buying the rest of the parts used or new i honestly seen that guy bumblebee and man oh man he did a hell of a job and hes not even from here big props to him honestly ya but anyways ill keep u guys updated on my build thanks bro.

7. akaslick15

ya my friend does.. he made his own kit for a 86 628i bmw its so bad a** somthing outta this world ..ay bro i had a question have you ever had a turbo setup with a aod transmission i just wanted to know what can i do to it for holding up to 450 or maybe 500 hp max ..my friend was telling me just get a valve body kit for it and it should hold up i really wanna just keep it auto plus the transmission has only 72000 miles on it

8. 302f150

You would need more than just a valve body I believe. I've never had a hot rod AOD, but I've built a few AOD's. You would need to ask some other people, but we used to drill out some passages for better lube, then get a better band and clutches. If you go that route, look into an AOD with 4r70w guts(I believe it's the forward shell) It gives you a better gear ratio and I believe there is an extra gear in the planetary setup(more gears = more strength)

9. Turbo5pointO

If your looking for 450-500hp max on a stock block, with only 72k on your engine I would go with the BG kit good HGs and some arp studs/bolts. you might not hit 450 but it will be close and cheaper then doing a top end with a cheap kit. Just my opinion, also the auto if its in good shape a shift kit, it might last for awihle but I would buget for a transmission upgrade

10. akaslick15

thanks bro!!

11. spoolinranger

check out click click racing.com for your aod needs, look for member silverfox he is the man to see. :2thumbs: