1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Please help me & Critique my Spark Table...Dyno Run

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by BILLYO382, Oct 2, 2011.

1. BILLYO382

Please help me & Critique my Spark Table...Dyno Run

Ok guys, so I finally took the jack stand queen to the dyno to make some pulls. Ending up putting to the ground 430 rw hp & 451 ft lbs of torque @ 10.5 psi peak 5k rpms in 4th gear. Im happy with the numbers and having a 500hp engine car; just want to better optimise my spark table and boost level. Realistically I would like to be at 9psi ish... and just add some timing to bring the numbers to the same values or slightly higher. I posted a pic of my spark table for you guys to critique. Basically im thinking to bump the timing up from 18deg to 20deg and bump down the boost to 9psi and want to know if you think 20deg will be safe and will it keep me in the same power numbers or better them. thanks in advance guys. Ill also provide you with a basic rundown of my setup below.

My setup info:
    -Sn95 5.0 with t-5 transmission
    -intercooled 70mm turbo Setup
    -aem boost controller
    -Tuned with Megasquirt 2 via tuner studio

CAR SPARK TABLE
    [​IMG]#ad

CAR DYNO SHEET
    [​IMG]#ad

CAR PICT'S
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

2. stangman9897

Re: Please help me & Critique my Spark Table...Dyno Run

Need to be looking for a transmission because that T5 is going to take a big shit with what your making.

3. 302f150

For wot your table doesn't look bad. You might want to add a row above 155 if you ever plan on upping the boost. Are you using overboost protection?

How is your idle? Your idle timing seems high, does it surge?

4. blackfiveo

Probably would need to know what kind of fuel your running to give you any advise on timing.

Octane?
    Pure/Meth mix?
    E85?
    C16?

5. BILLYO382

Yes overboost is on set for 11 psi, and I plan on changing the kpa from 155 to 175. Yes as a matter a fact my idle does surge, what would you reccomend here? I was thinking of adding a row between 800 and 1500 of 1200 and removing the last row of 6500 since I have my msd6a and megasquirt stoping at 6k

6. BILLYO382

Im running 93 octang with octane booster off the shelf at autozone.

7. 302f150

Sorry, I was assuming pump gas on tune.

For timing, find where it idles, then you set the areas just above idle to a few degrees retarded, then below you go advanced a couple degrees. This is like a natural buffer for surge, I learned the hard way you can't tune it out with the IAC valve. I'll post a pic of my timing chart here in a few minutes, have to grab tuning laptop.

ta da

8. BILLYO382

Great Scottttt..... Thanks :2thumbs: