1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Best Turbo Blanket

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by shustack, Aug 28, 2011.

1. shustack

From what i have researched on the net, the best turbo blanket is made from pulverised lava rock.
    Would like to know what other ppl are using from own experiences.

Thanks Joe

2. Beatngu

3. shustack

thanks for the reply, i will be picking one up my self when the turbo kit starts getting put together :welder:

4. PEARL MUSSIN

I made my own..

8-7-10 096.jpg #ad

5. shustack

what did ya make it out of?

6. stangman9897

Looks like a big Maxi-Pad. LOL :D

7. Drac0nic

+1 that almost looks like a coating based on some form of pumice or something similar. I'd love to have the bank roll to do Aerogel but that's super exotic.

8. leeperryracing

just get an ebay one...no need to overspend on crap like that IMO

9. PEARL MUSSIN

It is Kaowool ceramic blanket. I bought a 30ft roll on ebay for $40.. Overspend, LOL. The shit works great, its what they line ovens and kilns with. Just cut to fit anything.

Jeremy

10. 302f150

I bought one from PTP. Fits well, looks nice. The price isn't too bad either compared to other companies

11. 10secgoal

I couldn't tell you which is the best as I have only used VSracing's. But they work really damn well.

12. mnm99

I'm all for sponsers here, but $99 for a PTP black blanket is pretty good. I have 2 and still look and work great. I could put my hand on them after driving.

13. shustack

what are yours made out of? and as well price along with whats the max heat it can handle?

Thanks Joe

14. shustack

That is pretty much what im looking for, something durable, and handles heat very well. Under the hood of a turbo car gets to dam hot and if i can spend the extra to get one of the best blankets on the market to keep the heat down as much as possible ill be buying it.

15. shustack

Sweet, is it possible to send me some pics
    This content is protected

16. shustack

That black will go good with my color scheem. How can I get one from ya?