1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

best springs for turbo stock lq9

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by fxbdydriver, Jun 1, 2014.

1. fxbdydriver

My plan for my lq9 is just to turbo it with s475. No cam swap, just springs. I heard than PSI maxlife springs are good, not sure where to get them. Any suggestions on most economical springs that are sufficient for this build.

Thanks

2. Chris

3. jay_rich

Lots seem to like the PAC's on small cam boost setups. I ran them on my old N/A383 LT1 with a decent size cam 234/237 .577ish lift IIRC . They worked well and fixed the valve float issue it was having on the dyno with COMP 918's. Actually picked up 60whp bc of float!

If you are gonna stay stock cam I would recommend those. If you are gonna be tossing in an aggressive ramp cam later I would suggest a set of BTR Duals for not much more. I ran them on my vette as well as just bought a set for my 5.3L LS6 cam turbo motor I'm building. I like the peace of mind of having a dual spring. Plus by the time the motor gets in the car it will probably have a custom spec cam.

Jay

4. Forcefed86

5. hunts

+1 on the brain tooley springs