1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Best spark plug for boost..

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by Born2Ride, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Born2Ride

Finally getting close to firing this thing for the first time,was wondering what you guys suggest for spark plugs,temp,gap,etc for boost..Will be on E85,as much as 20lbs of boost,shooting for 1000hp. Running LS3 coils...

2. Forcefed86

Only one choice really for resisted recessed plugs. BR7EF NGK. Gap them as wide as you can without blowing out spark. A colder resisted conical "drop in plug" isn't made. 20lbs should be fine.

3. Born2Ride

Thanks for the reply Forcefed,your about the only one that answers my questions on here,I might as well just PM you all my questions haha. I have 8 of those plugs on the way,local parts store didnt stock those.

Jim Crawford likes this.
  4. Bad Medicine Racing

I would gap them around 15 or 16 and let them ride.

5. Traction Issuez