1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

rear mount - help with vacuum lines

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by wildcat1337, Jun 5, 2021.

1. wildcat1337

I got a 2002 c5. its a rear-mount with a borg warner s4xx. AEM 30-2400 boost control solenoid and AEM tru boost controller. Car was stuck in a shop for over a year while they installed the BW (they went out of business).. Car was running fine before it went there.. Anyways when I got the car back, they did not put the vacuum lines back. I looked up the manual for the boost control solenoid and am a little confused. It says port 1 is for manifold pressure and to run a hose from manifold pressure to the bottom can of the wastegate 3.JPG #ad

2.jpg #ad

(right side is how the car is setup and working before I got it back) with this type of setup, what do you do with the turbo?

Or would a better setup be something like this: 1.jpg #ad

Or another way?

thanks for the help

2. tbird

The top picture is fine. You dont need anything off the turbo. It is getting its boost reference for the wastegate from the intake manifold.