1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

TT RS Clubsport E-Turbo Specs

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Haaatch, May 30, 2021.

1. Haaatch

First post ever on an auto forum, recently bought a 2002 WRX Wagon completely bone stock. Due to wanting a challenging project, I have decided to start designing a setup where the stock turbo is fed by an electric compressor (aka e-turbo, electric turbo, electric supercharger, etc...) to spool it at low RPM and improve throttle response, before building the engine, transmission, switching turbos, and chasing some numbers.

Audi released their TT RS Clubsport with a 5cyl "electric biturbo" setup which is what I would like to base this build on: ( skip to 12:48 for hood pop if you are in a rush).

Searching up and down the internet for specs on a similar 48 volt compressor has taught me that a forum is the best place for this sort of question:

What sort of e-turbo can spool my 2.0L engine fast and reliably? I will have plenty of electrical work already, so included wiring is not necessary...