1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Would this turbo work on a 4.6 Mod motor?

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by Blown331hatch, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Blown331hatch

Compressor side is a .70 a/r
    Turbine side is a 1.32 a/r
    Ball bearing
    Compressor wheel is a 57 trim and the turbine wheel is a P-trim. The compressor inlet is a big 4 inch and the outlet is 2.5 inch. The turbine inlet is tang divided for better flow and has the standard square T4 flange. The turbine outlet is a 4 inch O.D. V-band.

Thanks guys.

2. frozenphil

IS this a pure track whore? 1.32 a/r is on the huge side.

3. Explorer5.0

A 57 trim compressor is way too small.

4. Blown331hatch

Is a 1.32 A/R turbine going to take too long to spool with little bottom end? This is mainly a street car, very rarely will it see the track. The engine is a mostly stock 99 4.6 PI engine with headers, exhaust and TB, 5spd with 4.10's in the back and a 3100 # car.

5. TurboShortBus

Just telling us the compressor trim means nothing. Trim is only the relationship of the inducer diameter to the exducer diameter. You could have two compressor wheels, one the size of a tennis ball and the other the size of a basketball, and they could have the same trim.

Come up with the inducer and exducer diameters for the compressor wheel, and you'll be giving some better information.

+1 on that 1.32 AR being waaay too big. It sounds like you're trying to pirate some low-buck diesel junk for your street car. .96 AR will be fine.

Mark

6. Explorer5.0

I agree with you. I immediately said the 57trim would be too small, because when I hear 57 trim, I usually think T04E 57 trim. And when I see that along with a huge P-trim hotside, I think diesel turbo :)