1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Best low cost exhaust valve for a S475 build?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by dizuster, Nov 3, 2010.

1. dizuster

Hey Guys,
    I'm doing an iron headed small block Mopar (367') with a S475 right now. This is a blow through, non-iC, on E85 deal. Anyone have any recommendations on what I should use for exhaust valves on this thing? Obviously non-IC will see some heat, but the E85 should help that a bunch. The chassis SUCKS that the motor is going in, so I imagine I'll end up leaning on it somewhat hard (fuel octane or stock block/crank/rods limited?) to make up for it in ET on the big end.

Thoughts?

2. Swiftshifter

Outright "Inconel" is the obvious answer you might get but, Ferrea makes a SuperAlloy that is a nice piece too. They can take the heat and are alot cheaper, although I'm not seein' a direct listing for Mopar SB. What are the specs on a stock SB Mopar valve?

---==Temio Williams
    Yuba City, CA

3. dizuster

Ummm... best LOW COST... :D

This is kind of a low buck deal. Stock block (filled), stock rods (good bolts), stock crank, Probe SRS pistons, good rings (stainless top), good HG (SCS Titans), stock bowl ported heads, hydraulic roller cam, home made E85 blow through, stock S400 (75mm wheel, 96 turbine with 1.32 A/R... AKA the cheap one). Stock manifolds swapped side to side (only 1 7/8" outlet).

They are 1.60 x 4.93" stock, but obviously I can go a little longer if needed...

With stock rods/crank/block, I can't beieve this thing needs a real good set of exhaust valves... but I could be wrong... I'm here to learn.

4. wantabe

ferrea brand here

'competition plus' valves are real good. currently on my engine , and 3 others in the shop ready for bottom end assembly

other wise next step down ,

ferrea 6000 series

both stainless valves and good quality
    www.ferrea.com

5. 73maro511TT

Just run the 6000 series valves. They will work fine and be under 100 bucks for 8 IF you order them from the right people.