1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Best daily driver scavenge pump.

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Mnlx, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Mnlx

What have you run, and what has been reliable? Thinking about a low boost remote on a v10 Dodge that gets driven in all seasons here in MN.

2. Xpress

Used this for a year with 0 problems. Fairly quiet too. Screen Shot 2018-09-09 at 4.02.54 PM.png #ad

Mnlx likes this.
  3. ss496

Not an option on that engine.....but a mechanical fuel pump sucking through a small oil cooler works well.

4. Forcefed86

Mechanical pump may work ok. Usually the oil has too much viscosity to use a typical electric pump. (did when I tried at least).

I'd go with the quiet helical gear style pumps. RBracing has really nice ones. But they aren't cheap. They do stand behind them though.

They slam the Turbowerx guys pretty hard on their site.

https://www.rbracing-rsr.com/oilsystems.htm

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  5. Disney Lincoln

I used a Turbowerx on a Honda I did back in 2010. He uses the car as a DD and it's still doing just fine.