1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

what do you think good or bad

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by crayonbreaker, Feb 15, 2007.

1. crayonbreaker

2. Daddy

Here we go again.

:corn:

Just FYI, this exact question gets asked a good number of times, so here's the cliff notes as I read them (I don't own one of these, this is just what everyone says).

-Same junk Ebay crap that goes around all the time.
    -Turbos are sub par quality and will probably self destruct with a lot of boost
    -The S.S. used for the headers is apparently thin and not the right type thus causing the headers to crack and fail
    -People who bought the kit say it looks pretty
    -There is already a buildup in the "Builds" section of this site where someone bought this kit.
    -This kit is apparently the same thing as an SS autochrome kit and if you've been around turbos long enough you've heard of SS autochrome.
    -This isn't a complete kit, just the headers and turbos everything else is up to you.

FWIW a turbo from a reputable manufacturer will retail for around $600, so if you can get a kit with headers and two turbos for the same price then the chances of it being top notch quality are far from true. Basically if you are a cheap carp and are happy with cheap parts that aren't built to the same standards as name brand parts, then you'll be fine with this kit........it may not last, but you'll be happy.

3. Bobby

Damn, you hit every nail right on the head. I concur. :agree: