1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Best compound turbo setup for sbc?

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by Dakoda D Cooper, May 2, 2016.

1. Dakoda D Cooper

Been wanting to build a twin turbo 350 small block I got forged crank pistons rods arp bolts / studs stock cast heads ported to 202''s have a 9.28 static compression ratio with 75cc chambers I bought 2 50mm wastegate's and a 50mm bov was going to go with 2 gt45's from ebay but now thinking about doing a godspeed gt35 ( http://www.godspeedperformance.com/gt35-turbo-charger-63ar-rev9power-tc-007-p-247006.html ) to spool a godspeed t88 ( http://www.godspeedperformance.com/...o-charger-05ar-rev9power-tc-047-p-530421.html ) I am thinking about going with open chambered aluminum heads to stay close to the cr I already have, Its going to be in a little chevy luv for strip only use with rare street use to car meets my questions are:

Would the turbo's I'm looking at be good on throttle response time(little to no lag)?

Would/could the gt35 start choking off the t88?

If anyone could give some advice I would greatly appreciate it,
    Thank you!

2. turbomalibuwagon

You missed the boat by like a lot for compounds that t88 is basically the same as a s475 t4 or a gt4202 garrett it would make a great single by itself . The twin gt45 would more than own that t88 . Are you looking for outlandish boost like 45+psi ? I'm not following the reason why you need compound turbo sbc. Compound turbo are used to keep the compressor in the map by creating a higher pressure atmosphere for the secondary or hi pressure turbo like displacement or rpm limited application looking for extreme power . Ie diesels and import 4 bangers. To make 1000 hp Honda you need big turbo at big pressure ratio. It's super laggy and hard to keep the compressor in the map for efficient boost . So we make 2 to 1 with a charger taking atmosphere from 14.7 to 29.4 psi then we do it again taking 29.4 to 58.8 this gives us 4 to 1 pressure ratio with out taxing the turbo so much and allows for a more drivable combo. On a combo like yours you would be looking at a pair of compounds and making 2000 + hp . Ie twin compounds. I'd say stick to the twin gt45 or go with a single like s480 .

3. M&M Turbochargers