1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

best choices for header wrap

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by stangboy86, Mar 11, 2010.

1. stangboy86

searched around and didnt come up with much. so far i have seen two major choices, thermotec and dei. anyone know of, and maybe prefer a different brand header wrap? how do you wrap your exhaust, and what do you use to paint it.

2. 86turboGT

I wrapped my headers and posted it on my build. Most people responded and said they was against wrap because it rots your headers out really fast.

Just get them ceramic coated and be done with it.

3. stangboy86

id coat them too, but im on a budget now and this car will never be driven in the rain so i wouldnt be worried about the headers rotting. im assuming you used thermotec or dei wrap?

4. LowBoostinT76

Vht ceramic rattle can paint, works excellent. Even if you wrap them, spray them with vht ceramic first.

5. Grnd Effct

I used the DEI black wrap with their silicone coating. Holding up well.

DSC00436.JPG #ad

6. steve beckley

grnd effct it looks like u have a hp turbo kit like me thats coated and see you still wrapped it. I was told not to wrap the coated pipes by them yrs ago. So your having no negative effects from this? Did it reduce your under hood temps noticably?

7. twofast

the wrap noticably reduced my underhood temps.

8. SprayedSDime

What'd you use for clamps?

9. BlackMagic94

I just installed the new Heat Products Lava rock carbon fiber looking wrap, ill let you know how it works out but it looks great.

10. PEARL MUSSIN

Treid the wrap, it didnt do shit for my underhood temps..

Jeremy