1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Best bolt together converter

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 66stang, Apr 9, 2018.

1. 66stang

Looking at buying a new torque converter for my TT LS th400 camaro. Like the bolt together style. What is everyone running and why?

2. alain

I have a 9.5" Nissan based converter from Hughes Performance in the TH400 under my tt '69 Dart. I like it so far. It's pretty tight and I haven't blown through it so far.

3. alain

Hughes Performance is a sponsor on here too, so it would be good to support them. They'll hook you up with a good deal to, as a site member.

4. Bad Medicine Racing

PTC all day every day.

5. Forcefed86

Tons of companies with quality converters. More you spend, the better you'll get in general... Whats the budget? PTC has always done me right, but I'm on a limited budget. Neal Chance racing converters also make a great converter.