1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

some nitrous questions.

Discussion in 'Nitrous, E85, Methanol and Water Injection' started by Mr_Merkur, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Mr_Merkur

Ok, sorry its not a true Stang, but what it is is a 1991 Ford Probe GT 2.2 turbo, Bosh BPV, 14psi, water spray intercooler, cranked up stearing tweak, 2004 mustang rims and tires with rolled rear fenders, open exhaust, tweaked intake, VAM adjusted a little rich, 3 angle valve job etc. and couple other little tricks :).

Problem we installed a Dry nitrous kit for a 59hp shot, in front of the throttle body, all is setup except fuel delievery. Neither of us are nitrous experts by far, but we do have some common sense haha. We put a new fuel filter in and are planning on putting another inline pump in beore spraying. So I was thinking if we run power (well ground) to the injectors on the go baby switch, (so the arm switch is the positive power to the solanoid and the momentary switch is ground to the solanoid and the injectors. I believe we'll run into the problem of running overly rich so what do we do. The reason I feel we will run overly rich is because the injectors will be staying open the whole time and the VAM is already tweaked to run rich, but we dont wanna run too lean :p. This is a budget build if you havnt caught the hint yet, heh. So what can we do for cheap to get the right amount of fuel in there with the nitrous. We havnt done any wiring yet but almost all hardware is taken care of.

What kind of boost spike should be expected when running a 59hp shot on the stock turbo and exhaust manifold. Stock ECU has a fuel cutout at 14psi, But we're putting on a t3 and 2.3t ecu etc. soon so yea.

Just looking for some suggestions on how to make this work. . . .Sorry its not another turbo stang as mine is dead, but soon I'll build another :)

2. Mr_Merkur

oh yea, I forgot to mention we will run colder spark plugs, but I think thats about it. sorry for the long post.

3. Mr_Merkur

so is this idea feasable or what? i've looked and looked and i'm just not so sure, hell a yes or no would be reassuring.

4. getusummm

Why not just upgrade to a wet kit and not worry about messing with your injectors? All you need to add is a fuel solenoid and a nozzle. Then you can adjust your nitrous seperatly from the computer.