1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Beautiful CNC intake manifold

Discussion in 'Advanced Tech Section' started by Rabid, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Rabid

I like the way this thing is put together. Great idea with the o-rings. But how's the distribution going to be? Is it starving cylinder 1 for air?

Pengy8027 and Disney Lincoln like this.
  2. Disney Lincoln

I first saw oring intake gaskets on my buddy's pulling truck. all billet Hemi ($100K). Works for them at ridiculous boost.

3. tbird

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https://www.realstreetperformance.com/plazmaman-billet-intake-manifold-twin-fuel-rail-2jzgte-race-port-12-injectors.html&psig=AOvVaw3Ibqiho41m454PZA94Win9&ust=1607707153674000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCKC-g4P2w-0CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAP

Notice how wide the plenum is at entry to slow the air down. Also the angle of the throttle body flange. Then how it tapers to the rear to help speed up the air. Real street performance goes 6s in a street driven 2jz with this manifold.

So the one you have pictured isnt horrible, but the Tb flange aiming straight back will effect front cylinder a bit.

4. Boost Engineer

tbird, that is a very nice intake for that 2jz.

Years ago a friend did a similar intake design to Post Number 1 , A 4 inch diameter round tube plenum intake.
    The airflow packed up at the back and went fuel rich (air lean) at the front of the intake (next to TB).

I think the intake shown would be even worse in that respect.

Tom V.

tbird likes this.
  5. gruntguru

Yes. Needs a conical diffuser immediately after the throttle to slow the flow down.

bridal-shoal