1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

BBI Turbos

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Wallace, May 5, 2024.

1. Wallace

Has anyone on here done business with "Joe"?

2. Russell

I purchased a replacement CHRA for a Chevy Cruze from him. He set me up with one made in the UK. Don't remember the actual cost but it was reasonable compared to the Asian ones on eBay. So I felt good about it.

I would buy from him again.

jbliss15 likes this.
  3. Wallace

I sent him a turbo at the beginning of February to get it freshened. He's had multiple excuses for why he's not done with it. I used him because he contributes to this site. Tim's in Md would have had it back in a week or two. I'd be cautious dealing with him.

4. Wallace

Don't do business with this loser.

5. Wallace

6. Wallace

This dickhead is not to be trusted.

7. bbi_turbos

Wow, you started this a month after you last texted me. Again, I never not replied, or not answered when you called. Instead of reaching out you lashed out on here instead. Kind of ridiculous. Also mention to others I haven't even charged you one cent, so it's not like I "took your money and ran". Has it taken some months since you sent it? Sure, for good reasons (not excuses) but I do apologize for that. If it makes you feel better, I've had $15k locked up for almost 18 months waiting on a compressor wheel to be machined. Had to prepay and everything.
    I think it's bullshit that you jump on here to try and publicly bash me when so far, the only thing you can say is it's taken longer to get your turbo back than you thought. I didn't take your money, I didn't charge you for the shaft that got damaged, I didn't replace it with a cheap one from ebay to keep my profit margins up, and I never, not once, ignored you on communication.
    You know I could of EASILY covered up my mistake and said the shaft was "worn out" (with the believable reason that is why the piston ring was oil coked) and needed replaced, and made money on my mistake right? But I didn't, I was honest with you, have been the whole time, and this is how you act. Unbelievable.

8. TurboSnake281

You shouldn’t call people a loser, we’re all winners.

9. Mnlx

This isn't my fight, but money taken or not, I'd be angry too.. They may not have his money, but he's stuck as long as the shop has his turbo. 4 months, the shop screwed up, and they've had the parts for the last two months.. and it's still not finished? Am I reading that right?

10. bbi_turbos

No, he is putting the turbo on the car, it's drivable as-is I believe.

I got into his turbo as soon as it came in, as told him I was going in for hernia repair surgery. But it got here to late. Once I was able, I got back on it. I was polishing the journals on his turbine wheel when it slipped out of the collet, bending it. Told him about it, and ordered a new one, free of charge, from Melett. Melett is a good-sized company, but alot of stuff can be low on stock. In this case they didn't have a turbine wheel in stock, I had to wait for them to get the wheel made. During that time I r&r'd his dinged up compressor wheel. But I couldn't balance anything until the shaft came in.
    Shaft came in just before my wife went in for her double mastectomy April 1st. That was 3 weeks of lifting, draining and measuring drain fluids, plus some complications and several dr visits, etc. I finally got it balanced and wrapped up a couple weeks ago.
    He's never reached out to me since April first, when I told him the shaft had just came in and I had to balance it. He could of texted/ called any time and I would of replied like always, but instead decided he'd get more accomplished this way.

11. Wallace

I'm not trying to accomplish anything other than to let everyone on here know you can't be relied on. Your last communication to me is posted above .. I guess you haven't made it out to the shop yet.
    I used you for the rebuild because you're the only shop that regularly contributes to this site. I could have sent it out locally and had it back in a couple weeks.
    Keep the fucking turbo I wouldn't send you a dime up front at this point.

12. TurboSnake281

I bet he sends it back to you.

13. Wallace

14. Wallace

You'd be wrong

15. bbi_turbos

He said "keep the fucking turbo" so it's still sitting here....

65ShelbyClone likes this.
  16. Wallace

I'll bet it is.
    I just want to keep this current so anyone else who might consider dealing with you knows what to expect.