1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

BOV Help!!!

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by iceman1234t, Oct 10, 2006.

1. iceman1234t

I have a D1SC ProCharger kit on my Cobra pushing 17psi but i keep having BOV problems. I have a Bosch BOV right now (that came with the kit) and I keep braking them and leaking boost. I need sometihng that will handle the boost, or maybe an adjustable one, because i will push more boost eventually. What kind do you use... or recomend... Thank you for the help...

2. Traction Issuez

3. iceman1234t

I have looked at the Vortec Mondo, but do you know anyone that caries them? (besides Vortec)

4. bdass86coupe

5. rickyhaiber

There's a guy running an F1 ProCharger on his 03/04 Cobra that is local to me and he is running the HKS SSQ blow-off-valve....so I'm sure that would work for you?

-Ricky Haiber

6. mystang

give the jgsprecision one a try, the boost actually keeps the valve shut compared to the bosh ones where a spring is trying to hold the valve closed against the boost

7. Traction Issuez

JGS makes some great products, but their BPV is kind of small

8. duplox

Yeah it is kinda small, mine should be running in a week or so I'll let you guys know if it does the job though... It sure looks purty

9. Ackbar00

Forge or a Greedy Type S would be a good replacement without having to modify anything.

10. frcefed98

Go with a bypass valve and not a blow off valve on a supercharged application.

The BOV will chirp at cruise, gets annoying fast.

The Bypass valves from Procharger and Vortech are awesome.

Procharger Race Ready Bypass, or Vortech mondo.

Jegs and summit sell the Vortech mondo. If you still need more places to buy one from, copy and paste either name into google and see what comes up.

J :D