1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

BBF Twin Turbo Assistance

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by oktw88, Mar 11, 2011.

1. oktw88

Currently gathering parts for my twin turbo build. It going to be a mainly street driven 466 big block ford with around 8.5:1-9:1 Compression,
    Here are some thing I want the car to do.
    #1 Run on pump gas (93 octane)
    #2 Make around 750-800 to the tires
    #3 Car will mainly be street driven so I want it to run well on the street
    Now my question is for a twin turbo setup Im looking into running a pair of Borg Warner S400w/75mm compressor. Will these be a good choice to run for a twin setup. Also which housing (T4 or T6) and A/R would you recommend. Also can my goals be made with a blow thru carb or do i need to look into fuel injection?

I am new to turbo stuff so please excuse my newbness..... :stupid:

2. cat herder

A single S480 with the big turbine will do those numbers. Hell, might even do it with a cheaper S475, depending on how much your drivetrain eats up.

http://www.forcedinductions.com/productsborgwarner.htm

And a plain Holley with single needle/seat bowls will get you to your target, as well.

3. jrocco

I'm looking at doing the same build. Here's my post link:
    https://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=146706.new;topicseen#new

4. Andy Dorsett

Selecting the right turbos is all about how much power your engine makes N/A as well as how much you want to make boosted. Without knowing how much N/A power your engine makes I'm not sure how those above have made any recommendations.