1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1. sterling454

Well after some numbers crunching, I am taking ForceFed86's advise and switching over to an LS. It's 6.0 LQ4. I went and put down the deposit on it today and will pick it up on Saturday after removal. All in all it looked pretty clean. I will post some pictures when I bring it home. In the meantime I will be selling the big block. PM for details. Thanks.

013.jpg #ad

2. sterling454

Good News/Bad News sold my trailer yesterday, so now I have some money for my project. Bad news the 6.0 I was getting is no good. So now I have to find another one. Sucks!

3. sterling454

Well got my new engine 2007 LQ4. :applause: Removed the wiring harness, computer, accelerator pedal & module. Gonna sell that stuff off. I purchased two 40mm Turbosmart wastegates that were on sale. I also put a best offer in on two s366's with .88 a/r. Looking for about 1100 crank HP. They look like they will work according to what I see on Squirrel Performance. Let me know what you guys think.

021.jpg #ad

015.jpg #ad

4. BlownShovel

and so it begins

5. DeboDaddy

Twin s366's are in my opinion a great choice. The compressors should easily support 1300 crank horsepower at 20+psi. Should be an absolute beast!

6. sterling454

That is great to hear.
    Thanks

7. Forcefed86

Step in the right direction for sure! I'm in for results! :thumbsup:

8. sterling454

Update: Turbos & Wastegates have arrived. . :2thumbs: Waiting on headers & IC

002.jpg #ad

9. Forcefed86

Can't go wrong with those! :2thumbs:

10. 3pedals

good choice on the turbosmart comp 40 gates, mine have been flawless. those BW366's are awesome as well, I wish I would have gone that route instead of the S480
    I have no doubt you will exceed your 1100 crank hp goal, my 6.0 made 1067 at the flywheel with a the single turbo, without pushing it past 16.5psi.

11. M&M Turbochargers

lookin good lookin good :2thumbs:

12. sterling454

Thanks guys. It seems with all the reading I have done I may be making some good decisions. Got some more stuff today. The headers are Chinese Ebay stuff but for $229.00 how could I not. The IC is supposed to be good for 1000 plus. It is the 6 inch core. I plan on running E85. Do you guys think it is big enough?

001 (2).jpg #ad

002 (2).jpg #ad

13. Forcefed86

IC will work great IMO. From what I hear, Treadstone cores are decent with little pressure drop compared to most cheap china IC's.

Those headers have oversized runners and collectors for your goals. Personally I think you'd be better off with flipped OEM truck manifolds performance wise. Those do look pretty though! I'd guess with a twin setup like yours lag isn't going to be a huge concern anyway.

14. sterling454

I agree about the headers. I did not realize they were so big until after I bought them. I guess I am attracted to shiney stuff lol. Anyway I was thinking I would funnel it down to a 2.25 size tube to the turbo to speed up the exhaust. Any thoughts?

15. TDmkr496

In for results!

16. Forcefed86

Best to keep up velocity for the length of the run, it necks way down in the turbo anyway. Not sure you'll gain much just necking down the collector, but every little bit helps. I'd just lop the end off and use what ever size transition works easiest for you.

17. 89JYturbo

In for another third gen build! I think you'll be happier with the truck manifolds too. They'll support your power goals and be more durable and leak-free.

18. sterling454

Hey guys, gonna try to bring this back from the dead. Not much been going on. Been buying parts for the build, but mostly working on the house. Anyway, I plan on buying an MS3 Pro and injectors next. Gonna run E85 so looking for 120 to 160's. Like a lot of us I am on a budget and would like to spend around $800.00. Has anyone used these with good results NGI2 Fuel Injector 0280158827 170lbs/160lbs 1700cc High Impedance? Thanks

19. BlownShovel

Glad to see this getting some traction again. Can't help out on the FI questions sorry

20. sterling454

Like many of you I took apart then engine to change cam and found worn cam bearings. So I am now adding new main and rod bearings and a set of rings. Tell me you think about the cam. I am too lazy to type so I added a picture of the cam card instead.

016.jpg #ad