1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

E85 at the pump

Discussion in 'Nitrous, E85, Methanol and Water Injection' started by kirksTTv8, Dec 18, 2018.

?

Anyone seen this percentage before, from the pump?

Poll closed Dec 23, 2018.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. You must be doin it wrong!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. kirksTTv8

This thread isn't to knock E85 pump as I've been using it for years in NE Dallas, but today I was thrown a spitball. I've always got my E85 from the same few stations/brands and have always, consistently got E70 fuel. Only once before have I pumped E85 and that was in Houston where the tuners told me where to go get it. About a month ago I saw a new station within the same distance as my other normal stations. Today I filled up and got a splash for testing. FYI - Pumps 1-8 were E85 ($1.49) and 9-16 were E15. This stuff appears to have tested 95%. Has anyone else experienced this before?

IMG_2442.JPG #ad

IMG_2443.JPG #ad

2. fastspec2

I don't know if I've seen exactly 95% percent but wild swings? Absolutely. Its one of the reasons I bailed on E. That and alot of fuel system issues everyone already knows about.

3. tbird

Ive never seen more than 75-87% swing from spring to fall. Summer blend is pretty solid 82-85.

95% is either no gasoline got mixed in or the fuel has high water content throwing the % reading off. Im gonna guess water content.

Joey-Telly likes this.
  4. Joey-Telly

^ Agreed

5. JohnSpo1

Biggest issue I continue to see in my area is the lack of sources for E anything at the pump. t5hat's why I'll be going meth injection.

6. kirksTTv8

I appreciate everyone's comments. I definitely have to look at using meth to lower IAT1 & 2s in this summer heat. So I stopped by this same place this weekend @ NWHwy & Shilo (Dallas) to grab some & test it. Looks to be around E85. This is probably the newest station around that offers different blends of ethanol. I wonder if they have a tank of E100, then nix it onsite for the various blends

IMG_4229.jpg #ad