1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Where to mount the PCM in my Fox Mustang

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by TDmkr496, Oct 28, 2013.

1. TDmkr496

I'm building an 88 Mustang with a 5.3, anyone have any ideas on where to mount my PCM? I'm keeping my HVAC box, so thats out....Need some suggestions.

2. TTF/Ken Staff Member

Any reason why it can't go behind the passenger side kick panel?

3. TDmkr496

The PCM is easily twice as big as the original ECM Ford used. I am going to remove part of the AC box, all it does is select from outside or inside of the car. It will also give me a place to mount the relay center and a new fuse panel for accessories.

ECM.png #ad

4. TDmkr496

Cant do that either, I'll lose the blower motor. ugh.

5. TTF/Ken Staff Member

Well that stinks, and it is huge! I guess worst case you can mount it up on the firewall, low down where the passenger's feet are, or on the passenger floor itself? Maybe under the carpet (though you'll have to figure out some sort of cover to protect it and keep it from moving). Or get one of those plastic boxes at Radio Shack or online, and put it on the outside of the passenger kick panel. It'll be ugly, but it'll work!

6. TDmkr496

So I'm down to two choices pretty much. I think I'm going to have to put it either on the passenger side floor (where your feet go) or on the side of kick panel. Thats it. This fucker is huge bitch!

7. ewoogy

Put it on the transmission hump behind the radio. Mine has plenty of room in that spot. Unless the a/c box takes up that area I can't remember.

Eric

8. TDmkr496

Already thought of that, the A/C box takes that space up.

9. racerdain

Why not in the engine bay, pass side behind the strut tower? GM put them out there so you shouldn't have any problems with weather, paint it black so its a little more attractive and it's out of your way.

10. TDmkr496

Lol, its too big, it would stick out like a sore thumb. I'll take some pictures tomorrow.