1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

bayliner turbo project 3.0l 4cyl

Discussion in 'Turbocharged Boat and Watercraft Forum' started by M&M Turbochargers, Mar 5, 2012.

1. M&M Turbochargers

the start to the 3.0l 4cly 19.5ft bayliner turbo project

0305121915.jpg #ad

2. M&M Turbochargers

couple more pics

0312121735.jpg #ad

0312121737.jpg #ad

3. Budweiser

Cool project. Do you have any pre-mod performance data? Max speed, Max RPM, time to plane? What outdrive and prop dimensions?

Good luck, keep it up!

-Seth-

4. M&M Turbochargers

its a 19.5ft bow rider, 3.0l 4cyl rated at 140hp,, has a cobra 400series drive,, running a 15 pitch when we take up friends, helps to get on plane a little better, i have to watch the top end so i dont over rev with the 15 ,, i have a 17 pitch also,, it would go about 38mph if i remember correctly and only spin it to 4200rpm,, the 17 holds me at 4200 maxed out but is slow to plane

5. 81WideMariah

I'm going to be watching this one closely. I have a 185 Bayliner with the ole 3.0L Merc..... fun boat. But it definitely could use a little more power, and I'm sick of hearing "put a 4.3 in it."

6. M&M Turbochargers

sorry for the slow progress guys,, i been having to work on house bull shit lately, i did just get a holley350 2 barrel ,,and looking at carb hats tonight

7. 70BossRanchero

did you get this running? when you said 400 series drive I thought, are you crazy! then I looked at the picture of the engine and saw that it is a small gearcase Cobra drive. I repair boats for a living, and ran an OMC dealership for a lot of years, now I am an independent. When the factory installed the V6 and larger engines, they used the larger gearcase. The larger drive will mount to your transom, come to think of it you might be able to swap the lower gearcase to your upper. I once mounted the smaller gearcase in place of the larger on my friends big looper outboard, it lasted for about 6 years until it finally broke a gear. The upper gears is where they changed the drive ratio for different HP motors. If you get in trouble, I would be happy to give you some advice, Dave

8. M&M Turbochargers

i put the boat project hold, my 305 that i was going to cam re-ring , and gasket set it , ($400.00) turned out to be a 010 4blt 350, so i ordered a scat 383 rotating assembly, aluminum heads ,, so my turbo budget has been shot to shit,, i plan on continuing the turbo boat project, i kept the water block off plate i had made and still have the turbo,, if you have any questions you can contact me via my website at www.mandmturbochargers.com or can call 605-381-5866

9. Boosted Four Winns

10. ss496

Bump...hoping for some updates....I love this project.

11. M&M Turbochargers

i was just looking at the adapter i built,, and it looks like a t-4 flange will almost bolt to the the factory 4cyl manifold, dont know if it would block off the water or not

12. M&M Turbochargers

sold the Bayliner, someone made me an offer i couldn't refuse

i still have the turbo and adapter pipe( first pic) if anybody might be interested let me know