1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Bang Bang/Anti Lag/Spool Assist question?

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by Blankenstang, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Blankenstang

I'm trying to wrap my head around how this system work. From what I've forund basically you ems tells your engine to still allow much more fuel and air into the cylinders than it normally would when you are off the throttle. It then retards timing to the point that when the plug fires the exhaust valve is open so the furl burns in the exhaust keeping the turbo spooled while not making compression. My question is doea the ems sense your throttle position sensor, and when you are back on the throtthle return the timing to normal setting? Basically by what mechanism does it know when to be in Spool Assist mode, and normal timing mode?

Thanks in advance for the wisdom :bow:

2. bigredd

I am no expert but on my old setup I could set the antilag to operate up to a certain mph after that it would cut off. I hope that helps.

3. Blankenstang

Thanks, I've been reading in the advanced tech area, and it looks like a lot of guys are using a 2 step to run theirs.

4. animaXJR1300

I'm looking for the least electronic way to run an ALS. Always interesting the see how people do it slightly different.

To introduce air into to exhaust system was thinking of using a EGR valve?