1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Balance Tube Between two separate intake manifolds running individual turbos?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by jake21, Jan 25, 2013.

1. jake21

Im looking to change my V12 over to FI with Megasquirt and have a quick question on the intake manifolds. The engine has two separate intake manifolds, throttle bodys, and will each have its own turbo. (Basically two inline 6's side by side)

My question is, there is a balance tube in between both intake manifolds to keep both intake pressures equal, can i still use this or will the added back pressure on each turbo cause me problems?

It would really benefit me if i could use the balance tube to equal the PSI to both banks. From my understanding Megasquirt can start to become buggy/difficult to program if you want to use two MAP sensors and two Boost Controls, so if i could use one MAP sensor and use a single Boost Control for both turbos, that would be AWESOME!

Here is a quick drawing i threw together to describe what im talking about.

XJS_zpsa8f4ace8.png #ad

Thanks for the help!

XJS_zpsa8f4ace8.png #ad

2. jridenour31

I would definitely keep it. Why do you think it would add backpressure?

3. jake21

Well I guess "backpressure" is a bad word to describe it, i just don't want one of the turbos to spool up slightly before the other and make the other turbo begin spinning backwards. But if it wont be a problem, good news for me

4. stangman9897

Like said above i would keep the tube. My question is what V12 is this and what car ?

5. jake21

84 Jaguar XJS

6. jridenour31

Definitely not problem, it's just like every other twin setup, as far as that goes.