1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Backspacing problem / ?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Inda10s, Apr 17, 2004.

1. Inda10s

Some help and input needed....Im doing the Baer brake kit, the enitre car, 5 lug, for the sn95 spindles up front....I ordered the new 10th anniversary Cobra rims, 17x9, with 6.12 backspacing, with BFG DR 275/40/17s in back. Tire Rack, who i ordered the tires from, has now asked me once, and CALLED my house, trying to explain that these wont fit on my car...a 91 lx...even though the tires are already in my living room. Anyone explain wtf they are talking about, cuz I know all you guys are running the same tire. How is this 6.12 backspacing going to effect/look on my car? THANKS!

2. 19COBRA93

3. Inda10s

I KNOW I KNOW, he helped me buy the rims..i was just wondering if these people are on crack or what...Thanks, ill relax now

4. 19COBRA93

So you asked this:

And you already knew...

Post whore.

Really though, they'll look great and fit well.

5. Inda10s

well im worried becuz i was just told that the baer kit is deisnged of the useage of the 5.76 backspace. The cobra conversion kit is designedfor the 6.12 backspacing. I dont know which axles that Notch is running, I PMed him, hopefully everything will fit well. Baer called me last night at my home in NJ, i havnt had a chance to get back to them yet, hopefully they will know if this rim will work with the stock length axles....anyone??

6. 19COBRA93

So the Baer kit is designed to use your stock axles?

If that's the case, you may have to use a small spacer or make some "adjustments" on your inner fender and/or lateral shock.