1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

T4 turbo for 410w suggestions needed

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by king coupa, Feb 2, 2012.

1. king coupa

planning to turbo my 410w here shortly. the kit has a t4 flange and was wondering if there were any turbos under $700 that will feed this size motor to no more than about 750rwhp through a manual transmission. i prefer something like a borg warner if they're available for that price, i know a lot of people say the s400 series work, but where is everyone finding these turbos for this price range?

also, am i able to just cut the t4 flange off and weld a t6 flange on and go with a t6 unit? this is just my street car and looking. i would probably be happy as all get out with only about 650rw, but would just like some flexibility just in case. thanks

2. Andy Dorsett

Unless you have realtively small heads, cam and intake (which you didn't specify) no T4 is going to make 750wheel on a 410cid engine.

3. king coupa

sorry about that. ported afr205cc heads, vic jr intake and cam is a tfs stg3 cam

what about cutting the t4 flange off and welding a t6 flange turbo? if i can do that, then i can just start looking for a t6 frame turbo instead of a t4

4. racesloth

That is what I did. Just cut off the T4 flange and weld on a T6 Flange - then get yourself a S475...

5. Andy Dorsett

Definitely go T6

6. king coupa

thanks, that helps a ton. any ideas as to who has good deals on the s400 turbos?

7. Mike93SVT

check the sponsors page. they'll make you a great deal on the turbo, flange, fittings, lines, etc. i'm a fan of vsracing myself

8. racesloth

9. king coupa

10. Ackbar00

I have a GT4202 on my 410. Trapped 139 through a glide. Don't know if that helps.

An S4anything will be what you should use, but I have made good results so far on 8 psi.