1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

95 Mustang Excessive Blow By

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by tommy1005, Jan 26, 2012.

1. tommy1005

I seem to be having alot of blow-by.....thinking I might need to drill and tap the other valve cover and run a catch can instead of it just blowing out the breather......any thoughts? I've also noticed oil coming out the dipstick if that helps point me in the right direction. I'm thinking a air/oil seperator, but figured I'd ask for some opinions before I plop down the coin.

Car has a stock block 331, On3 kit with Master Power 76mm turbo.

Thanks,
    Tommy

2. half-fast

sounds like rings or ring lands are shot

3. 302f150

I tied in the passenger side breather(off the oil fill cap), and the PCV valve to a husky brand(home depot) air compressor water/oil separator. I also got a big edelbrock breather that goes in place of my oil fill cap. Before that my PCV valve would pop out and spray my firewall with oil. I'm running a stock explorer long block minus cam

4. tommy1005

that was what my thought was......thanks for the help, now to find one I like

5. f1atlander

those home depot rigs work great!

6. alano64

I thought I had a big problem but I was just making it worse by not letting what pressure there was vent out. Once I let both valve covers breathe a bit it cleared up

7. gp1racing

have you done a compression or leakdown test yet?