1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Backpressure in Twin Turbo setups-Is it less common of a problem?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by exo, Jan 31, 2012.

1. exo

Putting this out there to the guys who have more than average experience with twins. Is it fair to say that its less common to have huge backpressure problems when you run twin turbos. I understand that theirs many factors that affect backpressure. This is Not a drag car.

My setup is from the 1999-2001 timeframe at TDC Turbo Driven Concepts-out of Hialeah FL.

351 Windsor motor, mild cam, Twin T66's Turbonetics-P trim with .58 a/r turbine on-center housings, 1-5/8" headers, twin 3" downpipes, 2 1/2" cold side, 3" A/A intercooler and 3" into t/body. Also I run dual 3" exhaust,no cats,crossover,x pipe and full 3" tailpipes.

Mufflers are the Dynomax Super Turbo. Can these mufflers be extremely restrictive, b/c they were inexpensive? Noticed on some similar threads that guys had data supporting Magnaflow mufflers were much Less restrictive then other brands. Thanks for your help and dealing with this long thread.

IMG_1429[1].jpg #ad

40%275kbP8210112 - Copy.JPG #ad

IMG_1430[1] - Copy.jpg #ad

2. lawton

straight through mufflers are the best. like the dynomax bullets. chambers are the worst

3. exo

Sorry everyone. Just noticed that I posted this and 1 other thread in the wrong section of the Forums. Again sorry.
    I will repost these under the correct catagorys.