1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

powerglide pump

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by sierra, Jun 1, 2006.

1. sierra

i have to remove pump from a powerglide i think pump gasket is gone oil comes out of breather , has anyone done this looking for some free advice, the front bolts were only torque to about 5lbs soon i brought it up on transbrake a few times oil puked out of breather hole.

2. SWT Racing

Sounds like it might be overfilled.

3. Robert1320

Filter is too restrictive or dirty.

4. ShaneH

If the pump gasket is leaking or bad it will drop fluid on the ground, not blow it out the breather.

5. sierra

what wouild cause it to blow out the breather, i changed the pump gasket when they put in the gasket it was folded over a bit on top and the bottom was blown around 1 of the holes.

6. Robert1320

A dirty filter will.