1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

B&G twin turbo header size?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by SilverStreak, Oct 27, 2006.

1. SilverStreak

B&G twin turbo header size?

Does anyone know what size they are. The size is not listed on their site. I checked PonyDowns site and their twin turbo header size is 1-5/8's for both stage 1 and 2. The only difference that I see is the design in the different stages. Is there anyone out there making more than 400hp with the PonyDown stage 1 twin turbo headers?

2. B&G CUSTOM TURBO

Re: B&G twin turbo header size?

1 5/8's are good upto 1200 hp. How much power are you wanting to make, as we do make custom hedders in any size up to 2 1/4 primary for the big big dogs.

3. Scones

I've got the Ponydown Stage 1 twins....nice design
    my build thread is over here http://www.cmoc.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=4892 (all pics are hotlinked so they should work even if you aren't a member)
    I expect to make close to 500HP with them....not right away though :p

4. SilverStreak

You guys have answered my ?'s somewhat. I was wondering why the PD stage 1 twin turbo header are only good for 400ish hp? It looks like I'll be purchasing a ser from B&G turbo. Thanks again.

Rusty

5. ziptie007

The log design is the jist the the hp restriction on the s1 setup. We may in the future redo the s1 headers when we slow down and move from a log design to a indavidual design and work on keeping the prices down. probable a nice fall.winter project.

6. Scones

Hey Jeff,
    hold off on that S1 redesign until after I get mine running. I know 2.3T guys making well of 400HP with a Bob's log header

if I can't make 450ish with more than twice the displacement and two logs i'll eat my hat.