1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Axis scaling on FAST, BIGSTUFF

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by DDOTY, Mar 25, 2005.

1. DDOTY

I was looking over the axis scaling on my new BS3 system and was wondering how the software is configured as it relates to moving through the cells of a table. I have always assumed that these systems had the ability to do it's own interpolating as it moved across the table and did not step from cell to cell and make do with the last cell until the next cell is reached. ???

More over if the scaling has it going through a 5500 rpm cell and the next being 6000 will it interpolate in between and use calculated #s when it is running at say 5750 rpm or does the 5500 # have to do until it gets to 6000.

Let me take this one step further. If it is interpolating most of the time then I do not see the big advantage of being able to create higher resolution near idle and full throttle areas of the tables.
    I do understand that by creating 16 user adjustable columns across the table it gives us the ability to not have to use a linear line as opposed to a curve.

Can anyone tell me for SURE which is correct. Stepping or interpolating IN BETWEEN. ???

Doug...