1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1. RI85GT

Is a masterpiece. Just visually kicked me right in the face :eek:

I just left a showing in 3D, and I found myself actually disappointed the movie was over. I was completely engrossed in this planet. Even if you didn't care for the storyline.....it is truly a new level of effects & genius imagination.

So much detail, so many things going on at once. The character of each animal and the foliage. I'm sure my tiny brain couldn't process all the information in one sitting. Many more viewings to come.

Obviously, this is a Fantasy/Sci-Fi thing mixed up with some eerily familiar reality type shit. If you do not like using your imagination, and like to pick apart everything because "that couldn't really happen!" ........then don't waste your time.

This movie brought out the kid in me. Sure there were a few small parts I could have done without, but it's a fucking awesome move, a good trip, and I am glad I had the pleasure to see such a thing.

YMMV :2thumbs:

P.s... If you do chose to go see it, do so in 3D. I can't even imagine it without it :bow:

2. Swiftshifter

IMAX 3-D even more so, if you have the opportunity. We're lucky here that it's only 45min. away in Sacramento. I'd see the movie again and I don't say that much about movies, if only James Cameron woulda' been the one doin' that Terminator Salvation/abortion of a movie. Sadly disappointed in that one.

---==Temio Williams
    Yuba City, CA

3. Cobra93

I thought it was visually stunning and I didnt even notice it was like 3 hours long so I thought it was good. I couldn't help being haunted by the thought that some WOW fanatics were beating off in the back row though.

4. zona70

I might see it for the effects... I heard that the plot-line is full of new age / live green propoganda crap - something I have little use for...

5. blownpony

I'm gonna go just so I can beat off in the back row.

6. RI85GT

I am pretty hyper-sensitive to this bullshit.... I didn't find anything that stood out. The planet the movie takes place on is just something else entirely.

7. 99TTGT

thanks
    I hope I can go this weekend...

8. zona70

Cool - perhaps I'll take my wife to it... I quit playing WoW a while ago - so I can sit in the middle seats... :)

9. Hemann

I thought the 3D was very well done. Not the jump in your face stuff. More of a realistic 3D.

10. boostedtorino

I didnt get to check out the 3d but it still was a visually stunning movie and def a movie i will check out in 3d hopefully this weekend but it wasnt really full of the new age propaganda but it make ya stop and think abut some of the things that do go on in the world that could be handled differently

11. bgjohnson

Good damn movie. I'm glad I saw it in 2d, I've seen a few 3D movies and it's kinda of cool but not my cup o tea.

I was engrossed in the movie I will admit. Kinda made my life seem like shit in comparison, I didn't want to go back to reality!!

12. Scott02GT

Cool the movie got the Jon seal of approval, whenever you want to see a movie ask jon if he has seen it, we are running like 20 out of 20 lifetime that is he says it is good you can bet on it.

13. MONTEGOD7SS

It was a badass movie in 3D! This wasn't 3D for kids with shit jumping out at you, just the highest definition I have ever seen. It was amazing clarity and after 5mins you don't even realize it's 3D, just really clear. I plan on going to see it in IMAX if the new theater is done before it leaves.

14. 67turbostang

I feel the same way about 3d, usually I think it's stupid and gimmickey; but it worked masterfully well in this movie. If you go see it again, go see it in 3d. It's visually perfect.

15. bgjohnson

Cool I will have to check that out before it leaves theaters then.

16. Kevins89notch5.0

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
    '¢ Some fans say James Cameron's "Avatar" may have been too real
    '¢ "Avatar Forums" has a topic thread discussing depression over "Pandora being intangible"
    '¢ Cameron's movie has pulled in more than $1.4 billion in worldwide box office

(CNN) -- James Cameron's completely immersive spectacle "Avatar" may have been a little too real for some fans who say they have experienced depression and suicidal thoughts after seeing the film because they long to enjoy the beauty of the alien world Pandora.
    On the fan forum site "Avatar Forums," a topic thread entitled "Ways to cope with the depression of the dream of Pandora being intangible," has received more than 1,000 posts from people experiencing depression and fans trying to help them cope. The topic became so popular last month that forum administrator Philippe Baghdassarian had to create a second thread so people could continue to post their confused feelings about the movie.
    "I wasn't depressed myself. In fact the movie made me happy ," Baghdassarian said. "But I can understand why it made people depressed. The movie was so beautiful and it showed something we don't have here on Earth. I think people saw we could be living in a completely different world and that caused them to be depressed."
    A post by a user called Elequin expresses an almost obsessive relationship with the film.
    "That's all I have been doing as of late, searching the Internet for more info about 'Avatar.' I guess that helps. It's so hard I can't force myself to think that it's just a movie, and to get over it, that living like the Na'vi will never happen. I think I need a rebound movie," Elequin posted.
    A user named Mike wrote on the fan Web site "Naviblue" that he contemplated suicide after seeing the movie.
    "Ever since I went to see 'Avatar' I have been depressed. Watching the wonderful world of Pandora and all the Na'vi made me want to be one of them. I can't stop thinking about all the things that happened in the film and all of the tears and shivers I got from it," Mike posted. "I even contemplate suicide thinking that if I do it I will be rebirthed in a world similar to Pandora and the everything is the same as in 'Avatar.' "
    Other fans have expressed feelings of disgust with the human race and disengagement with reality.
    Cameron's movie, which has pulled in more than $1.4 billion in worldwide box office sales and could be on track to be the highest grossing film of all time, is set in the future when the Earth's resources have been pillaged by the human race. A greedy corporation is trying to mine the rare mineral unobtainium from the planet Pandora, which is inhabited by a peace-loving race of 7-foot tall, blue-skinned natives called the Na'vi.
    In their race to mine for Pandora's resources, the humans clash with the Na'vi, leading to casualties on both sides. The world of Pandora is reminiscent of a prehistoric fantasyland, filled with dinosaur-like creatures mixed with the kinds of fauna you may find in the deep reaches of the ocean. Compared with life on Earth, Pandora is a beautiful, glowing utopia.
    Ivar Hill posts to the "Avatar" forum page under the name Eltu. He wrote about his post-"Avatar" depression after he first saw the film earlier this month.
    "When I woke up this morning after watching Avatar for the first time yesterday, the world seemed ... gray. It was like my whole life, everything I've done and worked for, lost its meaning," Hill wrote on the forum. "It just seems so ... meaningless. I still don't really see any reason to keep ... doing things at all. I live in a dying world."
    Reached via e-mail in Sweden where he is studying game design, Hill, 17, explained that his feelings of despair made him desperately want to escape reality.
    "One can say my depression was twofold: I was depressed because I really wanted to live in Pandora, which seemed like such a perfect place, but I was also depressed and disgusted with the sight of our world, what we have done to Earth. I so much wanted to escape reality," Hill said.
    Cameron's special effects masterpiece is very lifelike, and the 3-D performance capture and CGI effects essentially allow the viewer to enter the alien world of Pandora for the movie's 2½-hour running time, which only lends to the separation anxiety some individuals experience when they depart the movie theater.
    "Virtual life is not real life and it never will be, but this is the pinnacle of what we can build in a virtual presentation so far," said Dr. Stephan Quentzel, psychiatrist and Medical Director for the Louis Armstrong Center for Music and Medicine at Beth Israel Medical Center in New York. "It has taken the best of our technology to create this virtual world and real life will never be as utopian as it seems onscreen. It makes real life seem more imperfect."
    Fans of the movie may find actor Stephen Lang, who plays the villainous Col. Miles Quaritch in the film, an enemy of the Na'vi people and their sacred ground, an unlikely sympathizer. But Lang says he can understand the connection people are feeling with the movie.
    "Pandora is a pristine world and there is the synergy between all of the creatures of the planet and I think that strikes a deep chord within people that has a wishfulness and a wistfulness to it," Lang said. "James Cameron had the technical resources to go along with this incredibly fertile imagination of his and his dream is built out of the same things that other peoples' dreams are made of."
    The bright side is that for Hill and others like him -- who became dissatisfied with their own lives and with our imperfect world after enjoying the fictional creation of James Cameron -- becoming a part of a community of like-minded people on an online forum has helped them emerge from the darkness.
    "After discussing on the forums for a while now, my depression is beginning to fade away. Having taken a part in many discussions concerning all this has really, really helped me," Hill said. "Before, I had lost the reason to keep on living -- but now it feels like these feelings are gradually being replaced with others."
    Quentzel said creating relationships with others is one of the keys to human happiness, and that even if those connections are occurring online they are better than nothing.
    "Obviously there is community building in these forums," Quentzel said. "It may be technologically different from other community building, but it serves the same purpose."
    Within the fan community, suggestions for battling feelings of depression after seeing the movie include things like playing "Avatar" video games or downloading the movie soundtrack, in addition to encouraging members to relate to other people outside the virtual realm and to seek out positive and constructive activities.

17. bgjohnson

I'm not near as bad as some of those people. But I agree with the separation anxiety leaving the movie.

I think my biggest problem is that I analyze life very oddly. I view things about the way we live very detached, like I am looking in from a neutral perspective, almost like a book.

I hate the fact I work 45-55 hrs a week. I believe people should work to live, not live to work. Man was not meant to be in a cubicle 8-11 hours a day. ( my job at least )

But I also accept the fact it has to be done to live life they way society currently is, swallow it and keep truckin. I Try to find enjoyment in my everyday life. The spectrum or range of enjoyment may not be as big as I'd like, but I will keep looking for an opportunity to change that.

This movie temporarily upset my contentment with my life, it's fucked up I know. I have a very strong imagination, this movie kinda took me for a spin.

18. 67turbostang

Sorry, but that's pathetic. What do you do after you get laid? Go to the train tracks and weigh the pros and cons?

19. bionic_chronik

Jesus H Fucking Christ. That is all.

20. racesloth

Just saw it in 3D IMAX, took my wife for her birthday. It was a great movie - but c'mon it was just entertainment. I feel for someone that would want to kill themselves over the fact that their life sucks compared to the movie. My life doesn't suck - hey I have a turbo mustang on jackstands. But you know some marines were lovin it. Gettin to waste 7ft blue monkeys. The ex-marines/mercs only lost because it was in the script. Get some!