1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

ebay CXRacing kit?

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by TurboXstang98, Oct 17, 2013.

1. TurboXstang98

I found this twin turbo kit on ebay and was wonder what everyones thoughts are?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CXRacing-Tw...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2578a6b3c0&vxp=mtr

Heres what i have:

1993 mustang gt
    306 with forged probe pistons (9.2:1)
    ported edelbrock rpm heads
    vic jr carb intake w/ holley 650DP
    F303 cam
    mallory ign (everything) (685 box and gm map sensor)
    Aeromotive fuel system w/a1000 pump and an-10 lines
    tremec 5 spd
    3.73 gears

or i've found several header and hotside kits on ebay also for a single T4 turbo setup, (CXRacing is one also). What are you guys experiance with ebay headrs and hotside kits or thoughts?

2. stangman9897

3. Turbo-Box

Buy it. Then spend just as much re-working it to make it fit.

4. 91turboterror

Now I remember those CX racing turbo kits. Their the one that the primaries snake around all stupid on the drivers side. That kit is horrible

5. TurboXstang98

yea, thats one thing i didnt like about there kit was how there piping for the headers snaked all over. I did find one of there kits that came with there regular shortie headers (looks like mustang unequal length shorties with flanges on them and a pair of gt35 turbos and 38mm wastegates.

6. TurboXstang98

7. stangman9897

Read the next to the last line. lol

-T4 Turbo Flange
    -46mm Wastegate Flange
    -1.65" OD Runner Pipe and 2.5" OD Cross Pipe
    -Stainless Steel, Unpolished
    -Beautifully Made Craftsman Works

8. TurboXstang98

Lol oops didn't see that part, just noticed the mild steal part

9. 91turboterror

You spent all that money on your engine no sense in cheering out & using a CX racing turbo kit. Your best bet would be to fabricate your own hotside

10. stangman9897

Yep , says mild steel at the top and then says unpolished stainless at the bottom what does that tell ya. They no speakie English in China. So then what are you really getting ? melted down china beer can & Wok's

11. Turbo-Box

I have the non-hideous CX racing headers and they aren't too bad other than the driver's side not clearing the oil filter and the crossover pipe being completely wrong.