1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Auto trans reccomendations??

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by VTXDEMON, Sep 29, 2013.

1. VTXDEMON

I'm at the point where i need to buy a transmission for my build.... Originally I was planning on going with a Magnum T56 or Viper T56 but the more I read about it the more it seems that and automatic is the way to go. Any recommendations for a 700+ hp street set up?

car is a 90 GT with 327 engine... I currently have a build rear end with 3.27 gears... so the gear may need to be changed.

2. D & E Dart

Ever looked at Lentech's stuff? My trans guy was getting stuff from him for a while when he was building some AODE/4r70w hybrids....Or just google Jakes Performance if you are interested in a 4l80e...

3. Turbo-Box

Lentech AOD or 4R70W with a controller.

4. Gen1SVE

Lentech manual valve body on a 4R70W, limited street miles, I drove it a bit this weekend and even with 3.08 rear gears the OD was nice. I wouldnt be afraid of a 4L80E either.

5. VTXDEMON

oh man oh man... I found a good deal on a built viper T56... my common sence say auto but my stubern head say 5 speeds.... is the manual transmission really that bad for building boost?

6. Gen1SVE

Drive it like you stole it and you will be fine. With the manual you can build boost with the clutch in, two step and throw fuel at it.

7. D & E Dart

Better carry some spare drivetrain parts.....Couple guys at the local track do some rowing....always impressive to watch.....not to mention the sound....

8. NOSLO86

TH400 all the way.

[​IMG]#ad

9. ThomasWPT

Do you want overdrive in the auto trans?

10. VTXDEMON

since is a street car, yes overdrive is a most.

11. TTF/Ken Staff Member

If you're going for a 4R70 you might as well go with a 75E, same electronic controls/valve body.

12. VTXDEMON

this is what i ended up getting,

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]