1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Auto trans help!!! PG-sbf

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by boosted66, Sep 13, 2008.

1. boosted66

i tried searching this already, its somewhat confusing, but im a complete newbie to autos. Im in the process of putting a glide onto a small block ford, i cut the stock bell off, and put on a jw bell, i also have "the wheel" flexplate, heres the wierd part, from what i understand the front of the converter needs to slide into the crank pilot area and your supposed to have a bushing because the chevy converter center is smaller than the fords. Now this is my situation.... when the convertor is bolted up flush to the flexplate (no spacers at all) the center of the converter is not even in the crank.....??? its about 1/8 of an inch away... and! the button/center of the converter is bigger in diameter then the pilot hole in the crank anyways... so if anything i would have to have the converter machined down to a smaller diameter.
    The converter is a TCT.

2. Stroken331

You just need to buy the crank adapter from JW..I believe they are about $30 bucks. Here is the JW part number 80002-3.